Understanding your long-term goals
After finding clarity in this wealth framework, it's vital to think about your future – both your short-term spending requirements and your long-term aspirations and legacy.
It's important to take the time to consider how you wish to enjoy your wealth and what is important to you, by asking the right questions:
- How much do you need to spend each year?
- Are you looking to buy a holiday home or a piece of art?
- Do you want to pay for the education of your grandchildren?
- Are there any philanthropic causes you are passionate about?
- Do you want to invest in a new business venture of your own, or deploy some capital as an angel investor?
- What do you wish to leave behind for future generations?