2024 Corporate Philanthropy Apprentice - London - UK
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join the R&Co4Generations team, which manages Rothschild & Co’s Corporate Philanthropic Foundation. This London-based role will join a five-strong team to help deliver real change and address social and economic inequalities and climate change.
The successful candidate is likely to be a recent school or college leaver who has an interest in beginning a career in Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility. While working you will also be studying towards an apprenticeship; the Level 4 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, which you will complete over 20 months.
Apprentices will be trained on the job as well as being given periodic study leave in order to obtain the relevant qualification to achieve the apprenticeship.
It is an intensive and varied role and successful candidates will need to be engaged, proactive and hardworking for the full 20-month duration. Support will of course be provided to help you succeed.
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- 18 or over
- Living in England
- Not in full-time education
Roles and responsibilities
Working collaboratively across all our geographies and business functions, you will gain a broad level of insight into the philanthropic efforts of the business and help create and enhance long-term change and impact in collaboration with our partner charities and colleagues
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Working to understand the structure and offerings of Rothschild & Co and our corporate foundation.
- Delivering UK and global volunteering and fundraising initiatives to engage our colleagues, raise funds and awareness for the foundation and our partner charities.
- Researching the philanthropic landscape to identify best practice and support the team in identifying high quality activities.
- Helping us report on our performance against our ambitions and provide a consolidated picture.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to share updates and information about the foundation and its activities.
- Data entry and analysis to form evidence-based conclusions on the foundation’s performance.
- Providing administrative support to the team and stakeholders where needed.
- Achieved three Bs at A-Level or equivalent (Minimum B at English and Maths GCSE).
- All candidates must have the ability to work in the UK.
Skills and competencies required
The role requires you to demonstrate alignment to the firm’s guiding principles of Thoughtful, Principled and Creative, in addition to possessing the following skills:
- Demonstrable interest in social and environmental issues;
- Self-motivated, highly proactive, reliable with a flexible attitude;
- Ability to work successfully within a team and colleagues across all levels;
- Creative, clear and effective verbal and written communication;
- Desire to learn and improve performance through feedback;
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines;
- Good understanding of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).