Global Advisory: Seven deals named as winners at The Banker Deals of the Year
Seven Global Advisory transactions from the last 12 months were selected as winners at The Banker magazine's 2019 Deals of the Year Awards.
- Republic of Senegal's US$2.2bn equivalent dual tranche bond named Africa SSA* Bond of the Year
- Sasol's US$2.25bn dual-tranche senior unsecured notes named Africa Corporate Bond of the Year
- Old Mutual's managed separation named Africa Corporate carve out of the Year
- Vodacom's ZAR17.5bn Black Economic Empowerment transaction named Africa M&A of the Year
- Noble Group's US$3.5bn debt restructuring and deleveraging named Asia-Pacific Restructuring of the Year
- Seadrill's US$13bn restructuring named Europe Restructuring of the Year
- Cineworld's US$5.8bn acquisition loan for Regal Entertainment named Europe Loan of the Year
About the publication
The Banker is a monthly magazine owned by the Financial Times group. It was established in 1926 and is read in 150 countries.
The Banker Deals of the Year selects winning transactions across a range of deal types for each of five regions. Primary judging criteria are: meeting of client objectives, deal complexity, innovation, and the challenges of the deal environment. The 2019 awards considered deals that completed in the 12 months to 31 March 2019.
*SSA = Sovereigns, Supra-nationals and Agencies