UAE - Dubai - Debt Advisory / Restructuring - Long-term Internship
Rothschild & Co is one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory groups with approximately 1,500 advisers in over 40 countries around the world.
Our Global Advisory business provides impartial, expert advisory services to corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals. We deliver the highest quality advice in the areas of M&A and strategic advisory and financing advisory.
We help our clients access financial markets and gain the best possible terms. We leverage our deep expertise across the full range of debt products (senior and junior debt, leverage finance, high yield, conventional and Islamic, structured finance, public & private placements, infrastructure, real estate, rating advisory), our unrivalled track record and proprietary market intelligence to deliver superior outcomes for our clients.
We help our clients to strategize and execute complex restructuring plans such as balance sheet recapitalisations and restructurings, to enable their businesses to reset their financial footing and to exploit future growth opportunities.
Our debt advisory and restructuring specialists cover all global markets and are experienced in assisting every type of client. We advise on an unrivalled volume of transactions in our core markets, greater than any single financing counterparty. Our track record includes many of the world's most complex, demanding, and transformational assignments. The teams work closely with our highly active M&A advisers, facilitating the transactions they work on and leveraging their sector insight. This scale and expertise give us unique access to the performance and strategy of the full spectrum of capital providers.
Rothschild & Co in the Middle East
In Dubai, Rothschild & Co has the most active independent financial advisory practice, with 35+ on-the-ground specialists covering the Middle East region and capabilities spanning M&A, capital markets, and debt advisory & restructuring. The daily execution is led and coordinated by the Middle East team, with full support from Rothschild & Co’s global offices to provide clients with the best possible advice and market intelligence.
The dedicated debt advisory & restructuring team in Dubai is looking for a long term intern (6 months). The intern will work on a broad range of sectors and transactions in the debt advisory and restructuring space.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- Strong academic performance
- A genuine interest in debt advisory and/or restructuring - candidates with prior experience from other corporate finance disciplines are also welcome to apply, provided they can demonstrate an interest in those fields
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and research databases (Bloomberg, FactSet)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks and sound organisation of work
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines
- A degree of transactional exposure to the Middle East / GCC is a plus but not a requirement
- Fluent in English, Arabic a plus but not a requirement