Recruitment tips and FAQs
Candidates can apply for up to two positions per location in each year provided they meet the requirements stated.
Each job role lists specific required and preferred qualifications. As long as you meet the qualifications for a position, you are welcome to apply regardless of whether you have applied in the past. However, each candidate can only apply once for a particular job role.
At Rothschild & Co, we seek a wide mix of people from different backgrounds, universities and degree disciplines - the more diverse the team, the more new ideas they will bring to the firm.
The fundamental skills we look for, however, are the same in everyone and we seek individuals who can demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills
- Drive and ambition
- Sound judgement
- Execution excellence
We also require applicants to have a minimum of 136 UCAS points and a 2:1 or equivalent.
Your CV tells us who you are before we have the chance to meet you. To make the best impression:
- keep formatting simple: clear fonts and bullet points make the content easier to read
- keep it short: one page is the ideal length, two is the maximum
- flag achievements and explain any career/academic gaps
Preparation is vital to a successful interview, whatever the job role:
- explore our website and our various business areas to understand our core values, what makes us different from other financial institutions, and some of our key recent deals
- look at the business pages of newspapers or websites to learn about our business and track key industry transactions in the weeks prior to the interview
- be ready to explain why Rothschild & Co appeals to you in comparison to other possible employers
- remind yourself of your CV/résumé and think about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Listen carefully, and ask for clarification if necessary
- Give specific examples of your experience and the skills the interviewers are looking for
- Be confident and ask questions: you were invited for a good reason