Our investment strategy
Sustainability is at the core of our investment strategy. We invest in future-proof companies, disrupting traditional models and experiencing high growth, combining positive impact on the environment and financial performance.
Small and middle-market focus
We focus on the European small and middle-market, a traditional stronghold of Rothschild & Co. We invest equity tickets from €10 to €40 million in companies valued between €20 and €300 million.
We invest alongside partners, including entrepreneurs, family owners, management, financial sponsors and corporates. We are flexible about the situations that we look to invest in, which include predominantly minority direct growth capital, replacement capital and traditional buyout transactions.
We use financial leverage where appropriate and always with utmost care and conservatism.
We look for high-quality companies led by talented management teams who put sustainability at the top of their strategic agenda to drive growth and value creation. Specifically, we seek businesses which:
- Have developed an innovation, a different approach to their market contributing positively to the environment
- Have built a scalable and robust business model
- Are profitable or can demonstrate a clear path to profitability
- Benefit from positive market trends providing high visibility on future growth
- Are looking to increase their impact through both revenue growth and operational improvement
In order to maximise the positive impact we can have on the environment, FASI is focused on sectors that contribute the most to carbon emissions:
- Energy and energy efficiency
- Food and agriculture
- Sustainable cities
We are focused on specific sub-sectors that best meet our investment criteria.