UK - Pensions Administrator
Job Title: Pensions Analyst
Division: Human Resources
Overview of Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Pensions Team of one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory groups, here in the City of London.
The successful candidate is likely to be a recent graduate or college leaver who has an interest in beginning a career in Pensions. The role requires someone who is enthusiastic, engaged and adaptable and can work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be supported by a mentor and formally report into the Pensions Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- General support to the Pension Manager and the Head of Pensions & Benefits including diary management
- Assist in the general day to day administration of the UK and Overseas pension funds
- Filing and scanning of pension related paperwork
- Printing of pre-prepared letters, ensuring correct format
- Arrange meetings for external and internal attendees
- Travel booking and expense management
- Assist with bulk post and email distributions
- Manage process for flowers or donations at special anniversaries or when pensioners die
- Assist with the retirement process to include running reports of retirees, organising and booking retirement courses
- Assist with the organisation and planning of events
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects
- Positive attitude with a passion to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to interact with all levels of seniority
- Ability to take the initiative on assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and work under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Planning and process management skills
Ability to work to fixed deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to prioritise and identify critical tasks across varied responsibilities. Ability to communicate with internal business and external clients.
- Written and verbal skills
Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messages accurately, concisely and with integrity to both the business and external clients. Ability to understand complex issues, find solutions, and then communicate these effectively to inform business decision making and relationship management.
- Numerical and analytical skills
Ability to gather, monitor and analyse data and figures and report key information that will help inform business decisions.
- IT skills
Ability to work with computers and systems and to problem solve using technology. Some familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint would be a desirable but not essential.