2023 UK - London - Merchant Banking Private Equity Portfolio Operations Long-Term Internship
- London, United Kingdom
This London based 6-12 month Internship is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Portfolio Operations Group (POG) within Rothschild & Co's European corporate private equity business.
Five Arrows is the alternative assets arm of Rothschild & Co and has €23 billion of AuM with offices in Paris, London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Luxembourg. With over €9 billion of assets under management, the corporate private equity business of Five Arrows has a series of funds focused on investing in European and North American companies with highly defensible market positions; strong management teams; business models with high visibility of organic unit volume growth and strong unit economics; and multiple operational levers that can be used to unlock latent value. Sectors are limited to data and software, technology-enabled business services and healthcare.
The Portfolio Operations Group (POG) is a small, highly collaborative team of experienced operators, based in London and Paris. Within this role, you will be responsible for supporting on value creation opportunities in the funds’ portfolios, by working very closely with the POG team, our investment colleagues and with management teams.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a first-class private equity environment and see how a market-leading operational unit drive value creation, across a varied set of topics including go-to-market, technology, product and data, as well as organisational design and finance.
- Support the implementation of value creation opportunities on specific workstreams, actively problem solving and conducting research on best practices, market intelligence and preferred providers for our portfolio companies
- Collaborating with the team to create effective communication materials for strategic, organisational and functional recommendations and best practices
- Coordinate knowledge sharing initiatives, across varied topics including executive search and salary benchmarks; GTM strategies such as customer success and product and data
- Assisting with monitoring of existing portfolio companies, including monthly and ad-hoc reporting
- Collaborative team player: ability to build effective relationships within the portfolio operations group, broader investment team and portfolio companies
- Bias for action: self-starter with a passion to learn about new topics and independently drive initiatives forward, taking ownership of their tasks
- Great communication: ability to listening and communicate clearly, persuade and influence
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Outstanding academic track record (2:1 or above; obtained or expected)
- Minimum 2 years working experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm or in an strategic/operational role in a high-growth or PE-backed business, ideally having exposure to one of the following: Go-to-Market; Technology; Strategy or Organisational Design
- Experience working software/data, B2B services, and healthcare topics is a plus, but not mandatory
- A second language (e.g. French, German) is a plus, but not mandatory