Guernsey - Private Client Lending
Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and equity and debt financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
Within Wealth Management we offer an objective long-term perspective on investing, structuring and safeguarding assets, to preserve and grow our clients’ wealth.
We provide a comprehensive range of private wealth services to some of the world’s wealthiest and most successful families, entrepreneurs, foundations and charities. In an environment where short-term thinking often dominates, our long –term perspective sets us apart. We believe preservation-first is the right approach to managing wealth.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management has lending teams located in Guernsey, London and Zurich which work closely together to provide lending services to our clients, including mortgages (secured on property) and Lombard lending (secured on investment assets).
Overview of Role
The Guernsey lending team is responsible for the provision of credit facilities for new and existing clients (encompassing: private client UK residential mortgages, Lombard lending, UK commercial real estate lending and inter-group lending).
We are looking to hire a Lending Administrator who will operationally report to Richard Luff in the Lending Team and to Kate Ozanne (Head of Lending in Guernsey).
The candidate should have good communication skills as the role involves contact with both internal and external stakeholders and clients. No previous experience is necessary as full training will be provided, but the candidate should possess a strong desire to learn and have good analytical skills.
- Dealing with account opening and closing;
- Processing of payments, loan drawdowns and interest rollovers;
- Monitoring FX margin facilities;
- Monitoring the security held for accounts including collation of valuation information from external sources;
- Monitoring of collateral to ensure no shortfalls or breaches;
- Review of exception reporting for credit facilities (due to security shortfalls, late interest payment etc) and following up with senior staff to resolve any issues;
- Monitoring of building insurance policies and tenancies;
- Distribution of monthly/quarterly statements;
- Ad-hoc lending initiatives/projects;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders including Treasury, Operations, Finance & Banking Services;
- Liaising with lending teams in Switzerland and the UK; and
- Working with the Head of Lending to report on lending matters to Rothschild & Co boards and committees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Diligent and good attention to detail even when working under pressure
- Good analytical skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player
Our goal is to have a balanced, inclusive and flexible environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations, and to ensure that Rothschild & Co provides longer term opportunities for talent.