Redburn Atlantic Sales Summer Intern programme - London 2024
Eligibility: This programme is aimed at students in their second or penultimate year of university studies.
Length: This is a 10-week programme that typically starts in June/July.
The programme begins with an intensive classroom training programme covering technical skills (accounting, valuation and modelling) as well as internally led presentations. After the training, you will join your allocated team. There will also be networking events and learning sessions over the course of the summer. You will be given meaningful responsibility as soon as you join the desk, allowing you to fully encounter day-to-day life at Redburn Atlantic.
As part of the Rothschild & Co group, Redburn Atlantic’s purpose in Research, Execution and Equity Capital Markets is to help clients generate superior investment performance. Redburn Atlantic is built upon a commitment to intellectual freedom, commercial research, best execution and premium client service.
Redburn and Atlantic Equities were both formed in 2003, Redburn focusing on European and Atlantic on US equities. We merged under Rothschild & Co ownership in 2023. Our partnership ethos and commitment to long-term client relationships lives on, in keeping with the historic culture of our new parent. Uniquely seating both US and European research together in London, we benefit from a truly global industrial approach.
We provide institutional investors with equity research, quantitative and technical analysis, economics research and agency execution in European and North American equity markets and serve corporates via our Equity Capital Markets division. In addition, Redburn Atlantic Access also links investors to experts and corporates.
Redburn Atlantic’s equity research analysts and salespeople advise professional investors (our clients) on European and US equities. Our sales traders and execution teams transact our clients’ business, and Redburn Atlantic’s expert access team links investors to Redburn Atlantic’s network of industry executives and independent experts. Our equity capital markets team provides investment banking services to clients and focuses in assisting them in raising equity capital.
Redburn Atlantic’s salespeople market and distribute all Redburn Atlantic research (including fundamental analysis, Redburn Atlantic’s quantitative product, economic and macro thought leadership, technical analysis and income screening) to professional investors.
Critically, a salesperson must be an expert in both the market and Redburn Atlantic’s products, as well as knowing each client’s investment style, altering content appropriately and dispensing advice according to clients’ individual criteria. To be effective account managers, salespeople need to become their clients’ go-to contact by matching client needs and styles of investing with Redburn Atlantic’s expertise.
Underpinning all of our internship roles is the need for a genuine interest in financial markets, high levels of communication, accuracy and attention to detail, great relationship building and teamwork skills.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- On track for a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in your university degree
- Genuine interest in corporate finance with good commercial awareness
- Communication – excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Teamwork – able to build effective relationships and enjoys collaborating with others, as well as ability to work independently
- Analytical and numerical skills – strong quantitative, numerical and analytical skills, comfortable working accurately with numbers and writing prose
- Drive & Motivation – possesses a positive attitude and approach, a self-starter always willing to learn, demonstrates an interest in financial markets and the wider world
- Creativity – demonstrates independent thinking and creative problem solving
- Resilience – able to adapt to change, maintaining perspective and humour, shows emotional and practical intelligence alongside academic ability
Full time/Permanent Graduate Opportunities
Currently, Redburn Atlantic only offers Graduate positions to those who have successfully completed a Summer Internship with us.
Please note, whilst we will endeavour to match placements within a requested team, it may be that successful applicants are offered placements in alternative teams that we consider a more suitable fit subject to individual and Redburn Atlantic requirements.