Equity Markets Solutions Summer Analyst Programme - London 2024
Eligibility: This programme is aimed at students in their second or penultimate year of university.
Length: This is a 10-week programme that typically starts in June.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Rothschild & Co’s Equity Markets Solutions (EMS) is Europe’s leading, independent, fully integrated equity solutions business and a key pillar of Rothschild & Co’s leading Global Advisory practice alongside mergers and acquisitions and debt advisory & restructuring.
Equity Market Solutions is comprised of four core pillars including Equity Capital Markets, Private Capital Advisory, Investor Advisory and Redburn Atlantic.
The Equity Market Solutions Summer Analyst Programme will provide Summer Analysts with the opportunity to work across Equity Capital Markets and Private Capital Advisory, and gain unparalleled insight and experience into all aspects of public and private equity markets. There is a separate Summer Analyst Programme for Redburn Atlantic’s ECM business.
Equity Capital Markets overview
Rothschild & Co’s Equity Capital Markets advisory practise has been an independent adviser on over 430 equity offerings since 2009 with a combined deal value of over €390 billion, across the full spectrum of IPOs and other equity offerings. The work is heavily skewed towards transactions rather than pitching, with a strong pipeline of deals and the team works closely with the M&A sector teams as well as our market-leading debt advisory team. It is also close to the equity markets, advising on valuation, tactics, execution and implementation of equity market offerings.
Our recent landmark advisory transactions include:
- $2.1bn IPO of Hidroelectrica on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (2023)
- €2bn capital increases of EDP (€1bn) and its subsidiary EDPR (€1bn), including cornerstone investments (2023)
- €605m IPO of thyssenkrupp nucera on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (2023)
- €1.0bn issuance of convertible bonds by Delivery Hero (2023)
- €1.5bn sale of shares by NLFI in ABN AMRO by way of a trading plan and share buyback (2023)
- $1.8bn IPO of Americana Restaurants on the Abu Dhabi and Saudi Stock Exchanges (2022)
- €9.4bn IPO of Porsche on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (2022)
- €2bn+ IPO of Vantage Towers as a carve out from Vodafone Group (2021)
- £1.1bn sale of shares in NatWest Group by the UK Government (2021)
- The largest US IPO on record – Alibaba ($25bn)
Private Capital Advisory overview
The PCA group provides independent advice to leading private equity sponsors, institutional investors, and growth companies on a range of strategic transactions including (1) advising managers of private assets on a full range of GP-led solutions (2) advising founders, corporates and financial sponsors on securing minority investment from the private markets, (3) advising growth companies on raising private funding from growth to pre-IPO and beyond.
PCA’s clients include private equity sponsors, founders and management teams, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, financial institutions, asset managers, foundations and family offices looking to access and utilise private capital. PCA leverages Rothschild & Co industry leading sector expertise to delivery comprehensive advisory capabilities across the capital structure and focuses on a diverse range of asset classes including buyout, venture, growth, real estate, infrastructure, and credit.
The programme begins with an intensive classroom training programme covering technical skills (accounting, valuation and modelling) as well as internally led presentations and soft skills training.
Day to day:
After the training, you will join the team for the remainder of the Internship. There will also be networking events and learning sessions over the course of the summer. You will be given meaningful responsibility as soon as you join the desk, allowing you to fully encounter day-to-day life at Rothschild & Co.
At the end of the Internship, you could be considered for a permanent role on our Graduate Programme once you have finished University.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- On track for a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in your university degree
- Genuine interest in corporate finance and equity markets with good commercial awareness
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines