Rothschild & Co.
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 2,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth & Asset Management
At Rothschild & Co Wealth & Asset Management we offer an objective long-term perspective on investing, structuring and safeguarding assets, to preserve and grow our clients’ wealth.
We provide a comprehensive range of private wealth services to some of the world’s wealthiest and most successful families, entrepreneurs, foundations and charities. In an environment where short-term thinking often dominates, our long-term perspective sets us apart. We believe preservation-first is the right approach to managing wealth.
Click here for more information on Rothschild & Co
Overview of Role
Graduate trainee to provide day-to-day support to the Compliance team of Rothschild & Co Bank International Limited in all areas of their responsibilities.
Overview of Responsibilities
Key tasks will include:
- Reviewing regulatory publications to identify upcoming regulatory change and tracking how this is disseminated and addressed.
- Investigating and resolving alerts generated by the bank’s sanctions screening tools.
- Undertaking retrospective monitoring of transactional activity to identify transactions or patterns of activity that may be indicative of financial crime.
- Helping to prepare statistics and other management information for regular reporting to senior management in Guernsey and at Rothschild & Co Group level.
- Helping to prepare newsletters and other training material.
- Undertaking some Compliance Monitoring tests and tracking the resolution of compliance monitoring findings.
Education and Qualifications
- Ideally educated to degree level. School leavers with good A levels also considered.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A hands-on approach with the willingness to be adaptable and flexible when needed
- Willingness to learn (opportunities available to study for a professional qualification in Compliance)
Applicants should hold a valid Certificate or Permit which allows them to work in Guernsey