Guernsey - Compliance
Start date: October 2020
Duration: 6 months
Application start date: 28 August 2020
Application deadline: 14 September 2020
A six-month paid internship is available with our bank in Guernsey to primarily support our Compliance team. As well as assisting with Compliance monitoring the intern will assist with the implementation of a new sanctions screening system. This would be a good introduction to the regulated sector for those considering a career in the financial sector.
- Assisting with periodic monitoring and testing tasks
- Assisting with the implementation of a new sanctions screening system
- Helping to ensure Compliance registers and logs are kept up to date
- Assisting front office staff with queries about policies, forms, or compliance documents
- Assisting with compliance management information collation
- Positive attitude with a passion to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to interact with all levels of seniority
- Ability to take the initiative on assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and work under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
Planning and process management skills
- Ability to work to fixed deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and identify critical tasks across varied responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate with internal business and external clients.
Written and verbal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messages accurately, concisely and with integrity to both the business and external clients.
- Ability to understand complex issues, find solutions, and then communicate these effectively to inform business decision making and relationship management.
Numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to gather, monitor and analyse data and figures and report key information that will help inform business decisions
- Ability to work with computers and systems and to problem solve using technology.
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.