Analyst - Denmark team - 2023
Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is a leading global financial services group with seven generations of family control and a history of over 200 years at the centre of the world's financial markets.
Our expertise, intellectual capital and global network enable us to provide a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients, communities and planet.
We have 4,200 talented specialists on the ground in over 40 countries around the world, enabling us to deliver a unique global perspective across four market-leading business divisions – Global Advisory, Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking.
As a family-controlled business built on relationships, we place a huge emphasis on our people and finding the right colleagues to take our business forward.
Rothschild & Co is committed to an inclusive and supportive environment where diversity and different perspectives are valued. We are focused on the attraction and recruitment, development and retention and progression of high calibre talent to ensure we and our clients benefit from the value of difference.
Overview of Role
In our Global Advisory division, we provide impartial, expert advice to large and mid-sized corporations, private equity, families and entrepreneurs, and governments. We design and execute strategic M&A and financing solutions for our clients and act as a trusted partner, taking a long-term and independent view on the challenges they face.
In Denmark, we are a trusted adviser to many of the market’s premier private equity and corporate clients. We advise local clients on their international M&A and financing (equity as well as debt) agenda across the world, as well as international clients on transactions into the local market.
Our Danish Team consists of eight experienced professionals based in London and Copenhagen, and the Team is looking to expand with an Analyst at the graduate or first-year level, to be based in London. Driven by the size and flat organisation of the team, Analysts are offered significant responsibility and exposure from day one in a highly dynamic environment.
- Being an integrated part of the team’s origination and execution of M&A and financing transactions, including participation in internal and external meetings
- Developing and maintaining standard or bespoke financial models with support from colleagues
- Preparing valuation analyses to support client advice including LBO, DCF and trading and transaction comparables
- Drafting marketing materials including information memoranda and management presentations
- Researching relevant industries to support the team's marketing initiatives
- Contributing to pitch documents by conducting ad-hoc analysis
- Supporting the team in coordinating both internally with other advisors and clients
Education and Qualifications
- Strong academic credentials within Finance, Economics or similar
- MSc and/or BSc degree from a leading Danish or international university
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Native in Danish and fluent in English
- Genuine interest in corporate finance and M&A in particular, ideally demonstrated through relevant part-time or full-time experience in a relevant position
- Strong interest in the Nordic M&A market
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and teamwork capabilities
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and sound organisation of work
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines