2023 Summer Analyst Programme - Equity Market Solutions
Application start date: 30 August 2022
Application close date: 30 October 2022
Eligibility: This programme is aimed at students in their second or penultimate year of university.
Length: This is a 10-week programme that typically starts in June.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Rothschild & Co’s Equity Market Solutions (EMS) is Europe’s leading, independent, fully integrated equity solutions business and a key pillar of Rothschild & Co’s leading Global Advisory practice alongside mergers and acquisitions and debt advisory & restructuring.
Equity Market Solutions is comprised of four core pillars including Equity Capital Markets, Private Capital Advisory, Investor Advisory and Redburn.
The Equity Market Solutions Summer Analysts Programme will provide Summer Analysts with the opportunity to work across Equity Capital Markets and Private Capital Advisory and gain unparalleled insight and experience into all aspects of public and private equity markets.
Equity Capital Markets overview
Rothschild & Co’s Equity Capital Markets advisory practise has been an independent adviser on over 430 equity offerings since 2009 with a combined deal value of over €390 billion, across the full spectrum of IPOs and other equity offerings. The work is heavily skewed towards transactions rather than pitching, with a strong pipeline of deals and the team works closely with the M&A sector teams as well as our market-leading debt advisory team. It is also close to the equity markets, advising on valuation, tactics, execution and implementation of equity market offerings.
Our recent landmark transactions include:
- €2bn+ IPO of Vantage Towers as a carve out from Vodafone Group (2021)
- €2.2bn IPO of AllFunds (2021)
- £1.1bn sale of shares in NatWest Group by the UK Government (2021)
- €1bn IPO of CTP Logistics on the Euronext Amsterdam exchange (2021)
- €1.1bn issuance of convertible bonds by Just Eat Takeaway (2021)
- £1.9bn IPO of The Hut Group, the largest ever founder IPO in the UK (2020)
Additionally, Rothschild & Co has advised on:
- The largest US IPO on record – Alibaba ($25bn)
- The world’s largest ever auctioned block trade – Vodafone / China Mobile ($6.6bn)
- The largest ever European Corporate Mandatory Convertible Note – Bayer (€4.0bn)
Private Capital Advisory overview
The PCA group provides independent advice to leading private equity sponsors, institutional investors, and growth companies on a range of strategic transactions including (1) advising managers of private assets on a full range of GP-led solutions (2) advising founders, corporates and financial sponsors on securing minority investment from the private markets, (3) advising growth companies on raising private funding from growth to pre-IPO and beyond.
PCA’s clients include private equity sponsors, founders and management teams, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, financial institutions, asset managers, foundations and family offices looking to access and utilise private capital. PCA leverages Rothschild & Co industry leading sector expertise to delivery comprehensive advisory capabilities across the capital structure and focuses on a diverse range of asset classes including buyout, venture, growth, real estate, infrastructure, and credit.
The programme begins with an intensive classroom training programme covering technical skills (accounting, valuation and modelling) as well as internally led presentations and soft skills training.
Day to day:
After the training, you will join the team for the remainder of the Internship. There will also be networking events and learning sessions over the course of the summer. You will be given meaningful responsibility as soon as you join the desk, allowing you to fully encounter day-to-day life at Rothschild & Co.
At the end of the Internship, you could be considered for a permanent role on our Graduate Programme once you have finished University.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- On track for a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in your university degree
- Genuine interest in corporate finance with good commercial awareness
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent and committed to excellence
- Attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ambitious, driven and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines