Redburn Atlantic: Summer 2024 Internship - Sales & Trading
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Over the course of 10 weeks, interns will be given the opportunity to rotate across the Equity Sales and Sales Trading departments at Redburn Atlantic to gain a well-rounded experience during summer 2024. We will be offering Lunch and Learn sessions weekly with senior level professionals in both departments and interns will work with their peers to complete projects and pitch trade ideas.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Support senior salespeople and traders in building relationships with our North American institutional client base, which includes mutual funds, hedge funds and family offices.
- Participate in a variety of ad hoc projects for the North American Sales & Trading desks including data management and client administration.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the global equity markets and learn how to translate our research into actionable investment ideas for clients.
- Work alongside our highly skilled Equity Sales and Sales Traders, learning how we engage and cover institutional clients on their trading and equity research needs in different ways.
- Confident, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Extremely detail oriented, numerate, reliable, and conscientious.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in financial markets, a natural sales ability, and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be an undergraduate (Junior standing), graduating in the Spring of 2025.
- Finance/economics concentration preferred but not required.
- A highly analytical and logical thinker, comfortable working with numbers, who has an interest and working knowledge of equity markets.
- Confident using Microsoft Suite, including Excel, and Word.
ABOUT REDBURN ATLANTIC:
Redburn Atlantic offers US and European equity research, trade execution and capital markets services as part of the Rothschild & Co group. Redburn Atlantic’s aim is to help our customers make successful investments based on deeper industrial expertise, greater attention to timing and more creative idea generation. We do this across the full range of capital markets services including research, the IDEAS systematic analysis tool, trade execution, corporate access, and capital markets transactions.